Chlorinating with pump off. Truclear. Help

RVArunner

Feb 26, 2022
Richmond, Virginia
Long time lurker and new pool owner here. 14x28, 12000 gal in ground liner pool installed last year. Swg is a jandy truclear 11k. Everything worked perfect last summer. I removed the swg to winterize. I just installed it back and got the pool up and running. Water is balanced. 7.5ph, 3900 salt. Now this year, for some reason, I can turn the generator on even when the pump isn't running. If my pump shuts off, the swg keeps chlorination which is very dangerous as I can see all that hydrogen gas accumulate. Jandy helpline is zero help. Manual doesn't explain and youtube is no help. Does anything need to be tinkered with on the control panel after reconnecting? I'm in need of some advice. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anything need to be tinkered with on the control panel after reconnecting? I'm in need of some advice. Thanks
It is very possible that the flow sensor has failed. We also recommend that you not use the flow switch for primary protection and that you use some mechanism (such as the same timer) to control pump and SWG at the same time.

Can you post a picture of your equipment pad?

Manual, found here, includes the following page with the requirement to wire to pool pump power source (step 1):
https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodia...3500.pdf?rev=7f05ef570d984994831ef618a6cf6529

Do you know if this was accomplished with the install?

1680310610499.png

It is very possible that the flow sensor has failed.

The Jandy TruClear uses a gas sensor to shutdown the cell when there is inadequate water flow instead of a flow switch. The gas sensor uses a conductivity sensor through the water that gas accumulation breaks.

Does anything need to be tinkered with on the control panel after reconnecting? I'm in need of some advice.

Welcome to TFP.

Make a warranty claim with Jandy or your Pool Builder.

Turn off the SWG and chlorinate with liquid chlorine until you get the SWG replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.