RoyalGorgeColorado

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2020
Cañon City, CO
Hello- I received my test kit but want to verify what I do first. Since I have not added any chemicals (except liquid chlorine here and there) Do I do the pool math with no current readings and add those amounts? Or since the pool has been used lightly and it rained today do I run the tests? If I go by no current reading for PH it says to add 126 lbs of soda ash.

Last edited:
Run the full set of tests (except CYA if you have not added any). Then enter those test results in to Poolmath. Post here when you have that done.

Do not add soda ash. It is very unlikely you need to add any.

Hard Stop !!!!!!!!!!! Phew. Ok. Hi. Your fill water has stuff. The PH will be 6+ on its own probably. You may need 5 lbs, but not 126. You'll also have calcium. CYA is the only one not found in any water source. Add it to pool math as 0. The rest you absolutely need to test first and use *those* numbers. Post em up here too for a double check

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.