Chemicals out of whack

Correct. Add 30 ppm CYA via sock method. As you Chlorine washed the pool was there algae? If so, take FC to SLAM level for 30 ppm CYA, or 12 ppm FC.

Once the SLAM Process is complete, raise your CYA to 50 ppm and maintain your FC in target range with liquid chlorine.

These are my test from today
FC- 2
PH- 7.5
TA- 140
CH- 250
CYA- 25
I know I still have to bring up CYA a little to keep my clorhine right but I am bringing it up slowly so I don't over do it. Pool looks great. First time in a long time it has looked inviting. I appreciate everyone's advice.

I am gonna add a little more CYA tonight and I bought the FC to a 3 this morning.

FC/CYA Levelssays CYA 30 target should be 4-6. Starting at 3 in the morning says you are possibly going to drop below your FC minimum of 2. That lets algae take hold in the water.

Tonight at 630 these where my result
FC- 2.5
CC- .05
PH- 7.5
TA- 130
CH- 270
CYA- 40
Add acid to bring PH down and ran water fall to to bring back up in order to adjust TA.

Here is my results at 900
FC- 3
CC- .05
PH- 7.2
TA- 110
CH- 270
CYA-40

Is there something else I should do? I feel I am losing FC throughout the day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You will lose chlorine during the day. That is what happens. In Arizona, with a CYA of 40, at this time of year, a loss of 4 or 5 ppm FC per day would not be unusual.
Add chlorine to the pool every day. Keep your FC above minimum every day.

Critically important to keep your FC in the target zone and not let it fall below the minimum for your CYA level..... FC/CYA Levels
Expect the chlorine to drop throughout the day. This is the reason to stay on the high side of the target zone when you add chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.