May 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all
I’m looking at updating my pool to be a proper indoor one, instead of an outdoor one with a green house on top. I did a quick search on here and there seems to be Chem201 section referred to but I can’t seem to find it.. could some one point me in the right direction please :)

James, there is no Chem201 section. But indoor pools still follow the same recommended chemicals and levels as other pools. The only exception would be CYA since an indoor pool is typically protected from the sun's UV. We still recommend a CYA of about 20 - 30 ppm to ensure the chlorine isn't too harsh, and the FC should be balanced to that lower CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels, but everything else is the same. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Newdude
I’m looking at updating my pool to be a proper indoor one, instead of an outdoor one with a green house on top. I
How so ? As in you are looking to build a structure to make it truly indoors ? There won't be many of those to use as a guide, but we will sure enjoy the ride and cheering your pictures. :)

Thanks Pat. Doh! I realise chem 201 just a turn of phrase then.

The problem I have is all builders are pushing things like
-UV and Erosion feeders
“Chlorine is just a back up to the uv”

When I say I don’t want this witchcraft and all I need is a swcg then it’s out of their comfort zone (sales brochure). they don’t realise it’s chlorine and say that if I want salt then everything needs to be upgraded to prevent it getting damaged by corrosive salt. I’m fairly certain this if bunkum if the salt is maintained at correct level but if I want the warranty to be valid then I need to get them onside from day 1.

Waaaaaaaaaaaay too many people think that a Salt pool will be sea water. It's salinity is only 10% of sea water and many chlorine pools eventually hit 5% from all that sodium hyperchlorote added.

The equipment warranties all use the same outdated standards as the rest of the industry. Plaster finish companies, pumps/heater manufacturers, etc. They'll never know you tweaked them with modern science.

Get them to install it (with no voodoo products) and then do your regular thing.

UV can be beneficial to indoor pools, but the wimpy residential units amount to no more than a small light bulb. A commercial unit that you'd need would likely be above your budget.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.