Margaret 73

May 18, 2023
Washington DC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I seem to have air leak somewhere on the supply side getting into my pump filter basket. I wanted to check the drain plugs in the basket because this leak didn’t happen until after they installed a new pump last year and was wondering how difficult the job is this. I see there are two plugs. What’s the deal with that?

Lossen the drain plug.
Ok let me explain, I’ve turned off the pump, opened the filter basket, like I do when I clear it out. The water drains from the supply side and stops, but it’s still half full and when I scoop the water out with a cup, it continues to fill in from the pump side. What settings do I need to stop the water coming from the pump side? Or does the water come pouring out continuously while I lube the plugs, and should I do both the pump side plug and the filter basket side?

Post pics of your equipment pad and your pump and the valves and pipes in front of it.

Post pics of your equipment pad and your pump and the valves and pipes in front of it.
Sorry, I didn’t mention my pool equipment is in the basement. And I didn’t want the water all over the floor.

Attachments

• F26ADC08-6682-442F-8164-398CF2E5DF77.jpeg
    F26ADC08-6682-442F-8164-398CF2E5DF77.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2F2E2A49-5742-4625-BE42-32527FB68359.jpeg
    2F2E2A49-5742-4625-BE42-32527FB68359.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 3
Sorry, I didn’t mention my pool equipment is in the basement.

Uh, yeah that is good to know.

You need to turn the valve on the suction side circled in red 90 degrees counter clockwise...

Basement suction.jpeg

and you need to turn the MPV valve to CLOSED...

Basement MPV.jpeg

That should stop all water flow to the pump.

You MUST return the valves to their previous settings before starting the pump or you can damage the pump.

Reactions: Margaret 73

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.