Checked laterals in filter

Robord

Mar 13, 2017
El Paso texas
I was having some sand come out into the pool, not a lot but it's there sometimes. From reading looks like one explanation is a broken lateral. Pulled off th top, removed sand to get to laterals but they seem fine, nothing broken. Looked everything over but all appears in good shape.

I could have taken out the whole assembly but decided against it since nothing seems amiss. Now I'm stumped and need to read some more.

My profile shows DE filter but it's sand, I need to change that.

Comments, suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 17
you do need to take it out and inspect every inch of the assembly thoroughly.

I've seen photos on this forum where there are cracks where the lateral
mounts to the bottom assembly. All it takes is one small crack.

I used a dental type mirror and found some broken slots underneath. I've been trying to take out the assembly but the fittings that hold it are super tight! I tried a strap wrench and adjustable 3 inch wrench but it's not budging and I don't want to break something.

Finally, I just put slow steady pressure and used a pipe for more levarage and this what I found. Four of these have a missing piece and made the slot big enough to let sand through. They don't screw off just turn 90 degrees and pull out but again kind of tight and I don't want to force it.
.image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.