orlando, fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Do blowers need a check valve and what type should I use?

Related... this is theoretical but it has occurred to me that at low enough flow through the venturi spa jets, pressure at the air orifice could be positive. Can you get water back up to the blower at low water flow rates to the venturis?

Depends on the height of the blower relative to the spa water level. Water does not travel up hill well and if the blower is high enough a CV should not be necessary. Otherwise a standard Jandy CV can be installed in the air line.

Some blowers have a check valve built in.

You can add an air check valve.

Flo Control Air Blower 1-1/2" x 2" 1/4 lb Sping Check Valve 1050-C20

Magic brand Pool Spa Air Blower Check Valve, 1-1/2" - 2" 1/4 lb Spring.

Air Supply Silencer Check Valve 1/4 lb. Spring 1.5" I.D 2.0" O.D - 112500

You can also use a Hartford Loop to help reduce the risk of water getting back to the blower.

thank-you. that is very helpful.

The blower is about 2 feet above the spa. I was wondering if water could flow back in the system from low flow or some other thing. kids blocking the jets etc. Does this happen?

It's best to use a check valve to reduce the risk of water getting to the blower.

In addition, you don't want the blower line to fill with water because the blower has to work significantly harder at startup to clear the water out of the line.

MAN YOU ARE A WEALTH OF INFO: i didn't even ask for that. its very helpful. I apologize for getting some of my posts wrong. Im still trying to figure this out. Everyone is very helpful.

Everyone is very helpful.
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.