Changing filter from Sand to DE

I used to have a sand filter and a 1HP pump and switched to a Pentair Quad 60 DE filter. I didn't notice any pressure loss. If you're concerned, you can always go with a larger filter. I was considering the Quad 100, but I wanted to hide my filter behind a 4 ft fence and the height of the quad 100 was too high.

Reactions: Matt_PEBKAC_Oh
Thanks. The pump is 2019 Pureline PL2601 Inyo special, hayward type strainer box. The first one at the begining of 2019 had a bad shaft leak after a few months. Got a new unit sent but didn't power on until 2020. It only got a few months of abuse until the baqua white mold Crud shut me down early. Hate to toss a barely new unit but we shall see. I only have a 13,700 pool so I am hoping the 20,000 gal rating on the Hayward 65 unit does the trick. I'm on 1 1/2" piping all around.

After you get rid of the Bacquagoo, you could keep your sand filter (with new sand) and add a smidgeon of pool DE to the sand to help capture the smallest of debris. I do this to my sand filter. You will lose that DE with backwashing but you just repeat the administration of it and you're back in business.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.