MattMoore

May 11, 2022
Kingston, On, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it possible with my in ground vinyl pool to change skimmer suction line without getting into concrete work?

I will call the PB later this week to ask their thoughts as well.

Currently I have a single 1.5” line to my pump.
Considering some plumbing alterations to use 2” to the skimmer and bring the main drain to the pump pad as well (currently the main drain goes to the bottom of the skimmer)

What problems are you trying to solve?

Do you have a dirt path you can trench from the equipment pad to the skimmer?

Currently my system has quite a bit of pipe and the losses in the system mean I need to run the pump at 3/4 speed for the heater not to boil the water. Need to run min 2500rpm but would need to run 2700rpm to get some headroom on the superpump VS 1.65hp. I've also moved the location of the heater and filter from original install, this would allow me to move the pump to an area that would allow for less pipe and easier access.

I would be able to have a dirth path other than the 4' pool skirt which the skimmer is in. I would have to excavate under the skirt, change pipe and then fill it back in mostly with gravel and pour some slurry mix to support the deck after. Not an easy task.

A larger 3+ HP pump will give you more flow for your heater at lower RPM.

I doubt that changing from 1.5" pipe to 2" pipe underground will make the difference you expect.

Is your equipment pad all 2" pipe except for the underground runs?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.