Riverside
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have seen various people have issues with this and thought this might help.

I Bought a used screenlogic2 off Ebay.

It would appear that old firmware on these units does NOT allow for resetting the IP address to DHCP by pushing the button 3 times (or maybe that never works?)

You pretty much have to guess and check until you find the IP range that the protocol adapter was once on. My guess is this is what prompts people to sell/recycle these devices in the first place (ie: getting a new router with different default IP range).

I had to go through all common IP ranges on my router until I finally got the PA brick to report an IP address in the 10.0.1.X range.

Then I was able to upgrade to the newest firmware from a PC on the same subnet. Then I used Screenlogic Connect to change it back to DHCP.

Now it gets its IP automatically from the router but requires a power cycle or 3 button push to renew the IP.

Last edited:
That is great info but what a pain to go through all the IP ranges... and 10.0 is not even close to a normal router range for the home :)

Reactions: tgokaydin
My Screenlogic stopped interfacing with the easy touch panel today.

I reset it, reset the newest firmware and hard wired it.

Pentair server sees it and it shows me all the pool options but controls nothing and reports nothing.

Called Pentair at 1pm EST and put in a request for a call back to see if they will can reset something remotely.

No response from them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.