CH was 225 yesterday, added 7kg Calcium Chloride and now 750 ?

Wait until tomorrow and check again. Otherwise the CH test result you got before adding calcium may have been wrong. BTW, your FC looks low.

Unless your starting level was much higher, or your pool volume is way off, what you added will raise the CH by 350 ppm. So let the pool circulate for a few days and retest.

tested again tonight CH is 725… !! not much of a drop,
is the Pool Math app actuate ?

On the first test CH at 30, it said to add 65 lbs - I added 15.4 lbs
the next day i had increase to 80, it said to add 55lbs - I added 15.4 lbs
next day 225 and it said to add 24 lbs 15.4 lbs in am and another 15.4 in pm
in total i added 61.6 lbs - pool math said to add 65lbs
this water was just dumped and refilled due to metal issues and figured i would start fresh with a clean fill.
I am not sure where to turn next. Pool math is now saying to dump 55% of the water that just cost me $700 to put in

The app is accurate if accurate data is input into it. Are you confident of the very low CH of the fill water?

Confirm also that you're still using a 10 ml sample for the CH test. A 25 ml sample would explain the high results.
good morning, yes the fill water readings are accurate ant took samples to the store to confirm both my readings and also to check if they picked up any mettle

Mike, it is amazing how a very simple thing can cause so much trouble and worry. You have saved me a ton of Grief and possibly a divorce.
I am at 275 this morning when reading on the 10 ml scale and tested twice ( clearly not reading the instructions). Thank you very much for Straightening me out !
fc2.4
Ph 7.2
Ta 75
Ch 275
Cya 30

good morning, yes the fill water readings are accurate ant took samples to the store to confirm both my readings and also to check if they picked up any mettle

Mike, it is amazing how a very simple thing can cause so much trouble and worry. You have saved me a ton of Grief and possibly a divorce.
I am at 275 this morning when reading on the 10 ml scale and tested twice ( clearly not reading the instructions). Thank you very much for Straightening me out !
fc2.4
Ph 7.2
Ta 75
Ch 275
Cya 30
HAHAHAHA, been there...... Glad it worked out

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.