CH on a Pebble-Tec pool

I saw where pol math has values for 350-550 for CH but Pebble Tec website said it should be 200-400. Which is correct? Mine currently is 275. See signature

Anything is the range from 250 and up is fine. Your 275 is fine. It will likely climb in time with CH accumulation from evaporation.

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
The higher number is better,, honestly as long as you can manage CSI. I live in an area where CH creeps up, so I started off at about 250... it's at about 275 now... over the lifetime of the fill water in the pool I will average probably the high end of the CH numbers, and really the long term is what matters with that. You don't want to leach out the minerals in the plaster by having it too low, and too high means scaling which means mechanical cleaning at some point. Both will shorten the lifespan. You are okay, especially if you will be creeping up over time.

Your CSI is fine. TFP recommended levels have been determined on science and knowledge of real world pool maintenance.

No reason to adjust your CH levels.

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.