CH Level for 6 Month Old Pebble Pool

Jul 27, 2017
Fulshear, TX
My recent test readings are shown below. The pool is approximately 6 months old; my setup is shown in my signature.
  • FC: 4
  • pH: 7.8
  • TA: 70
  • CH: 225
  • CYA: 30

My CH was consistently reading 250 for several months; I suspect that recent rains and pool use have displaced water thus dropping CH.
What product do you recommend to increase CH? In the past, I used a Chlorox calcium hardness increaser (5lbs for $10).

On a side note: My pH still has a tendency to rise; I assume this is due to spa spillover that runs when the pool circulates. Therefore, I typically need to add approx. 2 cups of muratic acid per week. The TA was fairly consistent at 70 until recently when it dropped to 50; I assume this was due to heavy rain and pool use displacing water; I added some baking soda last weekend to bring it back up to 70.

Does the fact this is a relatively 'new' pool with pebbletec (sheen) have an impact on CH, TA, or pH? If so, what is the typical impact and why?
Thanks!

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
There is a natural tendency for your CH to rise in your pool. I would leave it alone and test in about 30 days......I bet you are back to 250+ which is perfectly safe.