Gold Supporter
May 15, 2019
Bridgewater, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Cement and joint grout is coming loose around steps. Is there a good vac i can use to suck out all the sand type material. Manual one that attaches to my standard filter doesn't suck up the sand. I do have the Polaris 280 but it's needs to be looked at and i know it will not pick up stuff that granular. I was looking at vacs like the one in the image. Anyone use something like this for inground pools?111456

Bigger question is what is happening with your water chemistry to weaken the grout.

Turn on Track CSI in PoolMath and record water temperature and see what your Calcium Saturation Index (CSI) - Trouble Free Pool is. A CSI below -0.3 can be damaging long term to your plaster and grout.

Based on the pool math calculator, my CSI is at -1.06. Water temp is around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. What can I do here? I ended up buying the Dolphin nautilus CC plus vac robot. Doing a great job scrubbing the floor and wall but it's also picking up lot of sand. Not sure if it's coming from the pool walls or from outside.

Post a complete set of tests or log them into PM do we can see what is contributing to the CSI.

Sorry I'm late seeing this. But I did buy one of the handheld cordless vacs and it was fantastic for the 6 weeks I couldn't use the robot. It actually seemed to do as well as me and the manual vac which was a hilarious life threatening battle(maybe why it didn't work well after).

But yes...to the cordless. I bought at Lowes for 125 I think. Hubs wasted more on the manual vac which will never be used again.? The cordless is great for my steps and corners that I might fail to get brushed before the robotic.

Mine is
Aqua EZ 11-in Suction Pool Vacuum
Item # 936276 Model # RPV31 at Lowe's

Leaves stop it up quick. Just empty and go on. People recommend a fine filter add on. I didn't see them. Mine got plenty of plain dirt as it was, I think the fine stuff it may not get is dead algae.? I haven't dealt with that yet, so I cant say.

I ended up getting the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robot. So much better than Polaris 280. I still have to get the complete water test as I don't get time except the weekend.

Reactions: Tena
I ended up getting the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robot. So much better than Polaris 280. I still have to get the complete water test as I don't get time except the weekend.

I see. I love my robot, but I'm still glad to have the handheld for quick pickup.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.