jblaismartin

Jul 5, 2023
Michigan (lower)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I am looking for help in figuring out which salt cell is compatible with my system. I am (completely) a pool dummy. I have a Summer Waves pop-up type pool, 20’x48”, just under 10,000 gallons. I bought a Blue Works BLSC-20 chlorination system September of 2020 to use summer 2021. I think the cell is failing. I have voltage readings of 24.2, amperage of 3.02-3.07, my salinity is 3400. (Although, it does read 0000 at times. I did a salinity strip test that says I have plenty of salt.) The cell appears to be clean so I can only deduce that it has expired.
The issue is that I can’t find a replacement! The model says: BLSC20-BT. I cannot find this cell. The system states that it is compatible with Hayward Goldline AquaRite, SwimPure, AquaRite XL, NatureSoft, SmartPure, Mineral Springs, and Blue Essence Systems. I don’t know if the Blue Works cell is compatible with these or if these cells would work with my Blue Works system!
In addition, I have no clue what the differences are between a t-cell 3, 9, 15 and what is comparable to what I have! Can anyone advise?

The model SWG you have was designed for a 15,000 gallon pool. It is the equivalent of a T-Cell 3.
You can use a larger cell at a lower rate and get longer life. The T-Cell 9 could be run at 50% output and give the same chlorine production as yours running 100%
Blue Works cells are available on Amazon.
Generics (which a Blue Works already is) are available at a good price here (this is for the T-Cell 9 they also have replacements for the T-Cell 3):

T-Cell 3 - 15,000 gallons
T-Cell 9 - 25,000 gallons
The instructions for changing cell type are attached.

Attachments

• BLSC_Series_Quick_Guide.pdf
    376.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss
The model SWG you have was designed for a 15,000 gallon pool. It is the equivalent of a T-Cell 3.
You can use a larger cell at a lower rate and get longer life. The T-Cell 9 could be run at 50% output and give the same chlorine production as yours running 100%
Blue Works cells are available on Amazon.
Generics (which a Blue Works already is) are available at a good price here (this is for the T-Cell 9 they also have replacements for the T-Cell 3):

T-Cell 3 - 15,000 gallons
T-Cell 9 - 25,000 gallons
The instructions for changing cell type are attached.
Thank you so much! I did get a call from Blue Works and begin a report. Part of that was to have a water test done. When I did that the lady at the pool store immediately helped me problem solve. So I’m doing a few water adjustments and if that doesn’t help, I may have more questions. Thank you so much for a solid lead.

I am looking for help in figuring out which salt cell is compatible with my system. I am (completely) a pool dummy. I have a Summer Waves pop-up type pool, 20’x48”, just under 10,000 gallons. I bought a Blue Works BLSC-20 chlorination system September of 2020 to use summer 2021. I think the cell is failing. I have voltage readings of 24.2, amperage of 3.02-3.07, my salinity is 3400. (Although, it does read 0000 at times. I did a salinity strip test that says I have plenty of salt.) The cell appears to be clean so I can only deduce that it has expired.
The issue is that I can’t find a replacement! The model says: BLSC20-BT. I cannot find this cell. The system states that it is compatible with Hayward Goldline AquaRite, SwimPure, AquaRite XL, NatureSoft, SmartPure, Mineral Springs, and Blue Essence Systems. I don’t know if the Blue Works cell is compatible with these or if these cells would work with my Blue Works system!
In addition, I have no clue what the differences are between a t-cell 3, 9, 15 and what is comparable to what I have! Can anyone advise?
You might give this a try. It's easy.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thank you so much! I did get a call from Blue Works and begin a report. Part of that was to have a water test done. When I did that the lady at the pool store immediately helped me problem solve. So I’m doing a few water adjustments and if that doesn’t help, I may have more questions. Thank you so much for a solid lead.
Can you share what the pool store recommended?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.