LGLDSR73

Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The pool hasn't seen as much use lately, three kids between the ages of 4 - 14 in it maybe 2 hours a day. For that reason I've been keeping the FC level higher than the recommended and ideal range for the given CYA level to kill any bacteria, etc. Historically the CC has either been 0 or .02. This morning it was at .04 and confirmed with a second test.

This mornings results:

FC: 9.2
CC: .04
pH: 7.7
TA: 70
CYA: 50

What would cause the CC to go up to .04? My gut feeling is come tomorrow morning it'll be back down to .02 or 0.

Many thanks,

Lyman

I think you got the decimal point wrong. But it doesn't matter, your CC is low enough that we consider it nothing.

A tip: use 10 ml water and only one scoop of powder. Then either multiply by .5 or divide by 2, whichever way your brain works best. It saves reagents and is precise enough for us. And it's really simple: if the CC test goes clear with one drop, you're fine.

CC comes and goes, seemingly with no reason. All it takes is a sweaty kid, or a leaky bladder.

Thanks Richard320 and I blew it on the decimal point. To date I've been using the 25ml sample and likely will use the 10ml going forward to save the money. On a side note referencing a 10ml sample you said if it "...goes clear with one drop you're fine.". And if not?

Many thanks for your help!

Best,

Lyman

Thanks Richard320 and I blew it on the decimal point. To date I've been using the 25ml sample and likely will use the 10ml going forward to save the money. On a side note referencing a 10ml sample you said if it "...goes clear with one drop you're fine.". And if not?

Many thanks for your help!

Best,

Lyman
2 drops or more means 1.0 CC or better. It means you need to figure out why. Lawn fertilizer got in the pool? Big swim party while you were gone? Someone added "MPS shock" to be helpful? Any number of things. You need to figure out which to decide on a course of action. But so long as it's .5 CC or less, don't even think about it.

LOL, thanks for the witty reply. On calculating the CC, I have counted each drop as .2. I.e., one drop .2, two drops .4. Is one drop .1, two drops .2, etc? 25ml sample.

Again, many thanks.

Lyman

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.