CC going up during SLAM? (I’m a noob and trying to wrap my head around this)

May 23, 2015
Coventry, RI
I have been SLAMming my pool properly for four days now. Until yesterday my CC test from the pool store (I have a Taylor kit on the way) was telling me I had 0.0ppm CC.

Now that the pool is pretty much crystal blue their test is saying I have 2.9ppm CC.

Is that normal for the CC to spike during the SLAM? Is it because I did something wrong or is it normal because it’s killing a lot of organic material? Or is it likely the pool store tests are wrong.

Edit: Also I’d like to add that the woman at the pool store said my numbers looked great and there was nothing I needed to do. Perfect, she said.

Ummmmm no they’re not

I wouldn't trust the pool store test.

And CC does go up and down seemingly at random even in a clean pool. I'll show .5 for weeks and then abruptly show none for a few more weeks with no good reason. Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me if it goes up a lot randomly in a swampy pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.