Caretaker in floor cleaner trouble-FIXED! See post #5

Jst1Dreamr

Apr 11, 2020
California
Hi,
I just replaced the motor/sensor/PCB/6 pos. switch and pressure switch on my caretaker 99 ultraflex 1. I purchased the ultraflex 1 to Ultraflex 2 upgrade kit. After completing the installation the LED on the controller box is flashing rapidly non-stop. I have not been able to find this non-stop flashing in the troubleshooting guides. I ran out of light before I could get into serious troubleshooting but since I can not locate this flash sequence on any trouble references I am concerned. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome. Sorry we had to meet like this though.

Okay so I am guessing you did not see this flashing before you did the work. My gut says back up and take everything back apart and see if there was anything you missed or was not tight. That usually works for me when I do new work like this.
Saying this I do not have that equipment. I am just telling you what works for me on other things. I hope it helps.

Thank you proavia and kimkats. I did not have this flashing prior to upgrade. The transformer is the only thing in the control box that I did not replace with the upgrade. I have checked the above installation guide and also the guide for the ultraflex 2 but no rewference to the constant LED flashing. I will be taking everything back apart and checking. thank you again.

******* PROBLEM SOLVED *******
I wanted to be sure and post this solution becuase the manufacturer is not very good at posting info about known problems. I finally connected with a very helpful and knowledgable lady named Rene at Fluidra (formerly Zodiac). She was able to inform me that there had been a small number of Caretaker Ultraflex 1 to Ultraflex 2 upgrade kits manufactured in the summer of 2019 that had the optical sensor plate improperly mounted. She told me that I could either place a thin washer under the two optical sensor mounting screws to increase the gap between the optical sensor and the motor assembly or I could loosen the slotted sensor plate wheel and adjust it to the correct mark on the motor shaft.
I decided to try the washers first as it could be done without pulling the motor assembly again. This did resolve the problem and the sytstem has been running flawlessly now for several hours. Before the fix it never made it through the full 8 port cycle. I will leave it running for the next 24 hours before I put it back on the timer.
I hope this may save someone else the same headache in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.