Can't turn pool on

No, but that is why products have warranties. My brand new robot had a pump go out in 3 weeks. The repair guy said he had never fixed one before. Sometimes we just get lucky. :)

From the pump basket? The pump is probably a little higher in elevation from the pool water surface. My pump is slightly lower than the water level and when I open my pump basket lid water floods out of it.

From the pump basket? The pump is probably a little higher in elevation from the pool water surface. My pump is slightly lower than the water level and when I open my pump basket lid water floods out of it.

Pool is a little elevated from the pool, but I thought if the pool was filled with water than the lines would fill as well and not drain back into the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have a check valve on your plumbing after the heater. Open it up and check it for debris and make sure it is functioning.

No debris and is functioning properly. I did call the pool company and they said they would be out on Wednesday... but it's hard to have a pool sitting there not being able to use it.. esp with kids!! They get impatient.

It's a bad motor. Everything else is good.

That's what I thought, but didn't want. I was just hoping it was user error [emoji23] we keep telling each other what a terrible idea it was to get a pool that we don't even know how to use. Or I should say he tells me "I don't know how you talked me into this.. I wish the day you asked me wasn't the same day I had to mow the lawn... that's how this all started. We could of just had a large patio instead." Haha [emoji4]

How green are you now? Can you see bottom?

Def can't see the bottom :(
1a5566cbcb3be5830449771e9d999502.jpg
6e40b2c79c22b3bb64b004df71f8bb97.jpg

Added pictures but you can't really tell how green it is.

Jul 2, 2017 - YouTube it's a terrible video but this is how it sounds / what it does when you turn on the system.. any advice anyone?

I just watched your video again and it sure looks like it wants to prime, but then the pump shuts off. I'm not real familiar with Jandy automation, but are you trying to start the pump in 'auto' or 'manual'? If you can start the pump in 'manual' and the pump stays running, it just may prime up. Just a thought.

Regards,
E

I just watched your video again and it sure looks like it wants to prime, but then the pump shuts off. I'm not real familiar with Jandy automation, but are you trying to start the pump in 'auto' or 'manual'? If you can start the pump in 'manual' and the pump stays running, it just may prime up. Just a thought.

Regards,
E

I don't think there is a manual mode due to having it with the aqualink will have to go back to the book we have on all the equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.