Can’t rely on SWG, how to maintain while away

Sharkygirl

Gold Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Sarasota, FL
Hi, my SWG for both the pool and hot tub are not working. I have told my pool company and they keep ignoring the problem. In the meantime I have been adding chlorine. When I’m away, the pool people add trichlor. Now my CYA is up to 85. I’m going away for a month. The new SWG’s won’t be here until I am gone. I have someone to meet the pool people here, when the new SWG Cells arrive. I don’t know if my pool company will install them right away or not. My question is how should I maintain my pool and hot tub until then. Is all trichlor the same? Other than floating a puck in the water, I don’t know how else to maintain when I am gone.

Do you have a neighbor who can come over each late afternoon to pour in liquid chlorine?

Do you have enough time to drain about 50% of your water and refill before you leave? If so then you can use the pucks knowing you may have to redrain again when you come back.

Do you have a neighbor who can come over each late afternoon to pour in liquid chlorine?

Do you have enough time to drain about 50% of your water and refill before you leave? If so then you can use the pucks knowing you may have to redrain again when you come back.

I leave tomorrow. Water here in the Keys is very expensive, but I will probably have to drain some of the water when I get back. In the meantime I will stock up on some chlorine and see if a neighbor could do it. It is a lot of inconvenience for someone and I hate to ask. I don’t know what else to do. I was hoping to learn there was another option which required less babysitting of the pool. Hopefully my chlorinators are here soon and this won’t be a long term issue again. Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.