Can't get my pool clear! Help!!

Jbooms

Jun 14, 2017
Enfield,ct
I opened my pool on may 23rd it was green and yucky. Pool company put algicide and shock in it. Was able to get it blue but cloudy. Had high phosphates got those down, tried a clarifier twice with no luck. It's a brand new cartridge and have been cleaning it when the pressure rises. I'm only able to see the bottom of the pool in the shallow end. Pool store says my chemical levels are perfect. Had them checked twice. I don't know what else to do. My pump has been running 24/7 for almost a week now.

Levels: FAC 3 TAC 3 CH 280 CYA 30 TA 80 pH 7.6 copper and iron 0 TDS 1500 Phosphates 100

Any thoughts would be a appreciated as I'm very frustrated at this point. Thanks!

It's nearly always algae. And even if it's not proper levels of chlorine will solve all problems with cloudy water in a pool. What do you think it is?

I have no idea! That's why I'm asking haha. How much chlorine do I need to add and how often? And it needs to be the liquid correct? I don't have the fancy test kit and really can't afford one now after all the money dumped in already.

We can't really tell you how much chlorine you need to put in if we don't know how much you have in there now. You are trying to get somewhere and asking people where you are and where you need to be. A good test kit is like a map-you need it to tell us where you are and we can help you get to where you want to be. Trust me, you are going to spend more money trying to fix this blindly than you would if you get a test kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let us know when you can afford and get a test kit. Until then keep the filter running and see what happens. We need you to do your part, get a good test kit, for us to be able to do our part, tell you what your pool needs.

Not getting a good test kit will cost you more in the end. We have seen it over and over.

I look forward to seeing your test kit when you can get it. Good luck! :hug:

Kim TFP MOD

I can answer that! https://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Use PoolMath. Enter your current FC and a target of 12 - I used your details from your signature and with current FC of 5 it will take 1.4 gallons to get to 12. Then you want to KEEP it at 12 as long as possible until you complete the SLAM. This means you will have to test every couple of hours and add chlorine as needed, keep pump on 24/7 and brush and vacuum the pool. You'll have a clear pool in no time.

Actually Leslies does have one that will test that high. It's a rebranded K2006. However, the locations that carry them are few and far between!

It's a Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit. I really hope that's the one you got. :)

Nope just the regular DPD one ugh! I didn't even think of that ��. dumped all the shock in like he said, I need to go to work now and work overnights. I'll keep the pump running and see what it looks like in the am. I appreciate all the feedback.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support