Can't get Chlorine to hold

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

Reactions: ScubaDoo
Kids had a great time last night, starting enjoy pool again ?

Can I get your guys opinions of what to adjust first to get thing back in line with target levels as some will require a little draining:

So my current levels are:

FC 8.0 (superchlorinated after family over)
CC 0
PH 8.0
Alk 150
CH 350
CYA 25? (Still barely saw dot at 30)

As always, really appreciate the help everyone.

1. Lower your pH down into mid 7's,

2. Bring your CYA up to around 40 ppm

3. Maintain your chlorine between 3-6

4. Keep swimming!

Your water still looks nice, correct?
Bringing the CYA to 40ppm, is this just in case I have to inadvertently SLAM again? I thought it is recommended to be around 60ppm...

Ok, I thought the high CH contributed to the small scaling on the salt cell I saw.
It has some effect. Use Poolmath to enter your test data and then track CSI. Keep it between 0 and -0.3 and the scaling in the SWCG will minimize.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It has some effect. Use Poolmath to enter your test data and then track CSI. Keep it between 0 and -0.3 and the scaling in the SWCG will minimize.
1. Lower your pH down into mid 7's,

2. Bring your CYA up to around 40 ppm

3. Maintain your chlorine between 3-6

4. Keep swimming!

Your water still looks nice, correct?

Another rookie question:

Can I add the dry acid and CYA around the same time or should I wait a period of time in between?

You add the CYA via the sock method and the dry acid (which we do not recommend) by dissolving it in a bucket of water and adding at the return to the pool. So they can be done simultaneously.

You add the CYA via the sock method and the dry acid (which we do not recommend) by dissolving it in a bucket of water and adding at the return to the pool. So they can be done simultaneously.

I have a skimmer sock, can just add small portion (not to impede flow) on top of skimmer sock in skimmer basket?

The benefit of hanging a sock in front of the return jet is that if the pump gets turned off you don't have acidic water sitting in your skimmer. A sock in the skimmer does work, too, though. Just be careful to keep the water moving and that it doesn't impede the water flow.

Do you guys know how soon after adding dry acid to lower PH you can swim? Google search results range from 6hrs to 30min....

I'm getting grilled over here. ??

Thx

Do you guys know how soon after adding dry acid to lower PH you can swim? Google search results range from 6hrs to 30min....

I'm getting grilled over here. ??

Thx

30 minutes with the pump running is plenty of time.

Reactions: ScubaDoo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.