Cannot get FC level to rise in green pool

Unfortunately we need to confirm your CYA and maintain FC above 5 ppm, so you are at a disadvantage at the moment. At least you're armed & ready with all that bleach. :) For now, make sure the pH is in the 7.2 area (orange) if you can, and just keep the water moving and brush/sweep as well. Keeping that stuff broken-up will help your efforts later.

Kit should be arriving within an hour or so! My pH has been a little high, so I have a feeling I will need to adjust the pH and possibly TA prior to SLAMing (I'm assuming my TA is high because the pH keeps rising..?). Can both muriatic acid and baking soda be added at the same time if needed, or do I have to do one of them first? I will be posting my test results here prior to adding anything to the pool, but I'm reading up while I stalk the mailman :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice picture of the pool!

Are there steps or a ladder? If steps stand right next to the pool and take a photo looking down at the steps. Try to remember to take this same photo every day. Many times you won't notice subtitle changes day by day, but looking back at the photos show the progress.

Good morning!

SLAM is going very well. The pool is now blue/white and still very cloudy. no hint of green left though. FC levels held at 12 overnight which is awesome. Now we just need to clear it up.

Filter is running 24/7, and we will vacuum again this evening. Anything else we can be doing to help clear the cloudy water? Still cant see the bottom of the shallow end.. very cloudy still

You are doing this in "textbook" TFP style. Perfect. Keep-up the great work. We'll be looking forward to seeing all the before and after pics. Now ... patience. It will take a few days for that green monster to convert all the dead algae into residue the filter can grab, but it will happen. Watch your filter pressure and backwash only when it increases by 25%. If you do a lot of backwashes this week, you may want to check CYA again in a few days to make sure you didn't drop below 30 too bad. But other than that, keep doing what you're doing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.