Can you switch from chlorine during summer And install SWG?

Welcome to the forum!
A SWCG generates your chlorine for you --
Tell us more about the pool. What pump do you have, any automation, etc. You have a large pool volume, so a SWCG will need to run at least 12 hours a day to make your chlorine. A single speed pump might be pretty expensive to run that long.
Will you install this your self?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

From point of view of chlorine, it will just start generating some Sodium Hypochlorite, should not affect much apart from you needing to watch it over next few weeks and adjust output accordingly. What may have some affect is increase in pH drift but it minor, and effect salt may or may not have on your equipment, depending on concentration. The SWCG installer should cover all of that during initial install process.

Hey Guys Seewll is a very good friend of mine... I would like to welcome him to the forum like everyone else. I told him he would be warmly accepted here, and everyone here is eager to help. I have recently been offered to purchase a one year old SWG for half of what it sales for new. Another friend of mine has a fiberglass pool, and used it for a year. He loved the SWG, but he noticed little black spots on the bottom of his fiberglass pool, and someone convinced him it was some sort of reaction between the fiberglass and the salt.... I am not sure if that is his problem, or not but he has already switched back to using chlorine. His lost is my gain. Sorry for hijacking your thread Seewll, but if you decide to spend some of that stash your sitting on, and get a SWG I just may convert at the same time. heck we will figure it out together along with some help from the good people here at TFP.

The key is to get the proper sized model Which is why folks need pool info and what, if any automation. Undersizing a swg is the biggest mistake folks make. Since you have a VS pump, you could even run 24hrs a day economically but post the info so folks can make Reccomentations as to what make and model would be your best bet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.