Can you recommend Thru-wall skimmer for Intex pool?

Here is your thread from when you asked this last year...

another thread...

Ok, well, the trees are gone. We cut those evil minions of the devil down(Black Walnut) so now I'm wondering if a wide mouth is what I need? What's the benefits of the wide mouth vs not a wide mouth? I guess where I'm having the most difficulty is that to install the Summer Escapes skimmer, I had to cut small holes to allow for the pegs it had on it, so I'm concerned any new skimmer won't either cover those holes adequately or won't install in such as a way as they can be removed with any excess liner that will need to be cut away with a new skimmer.

About the only way you can find out if the holes from the old skimmer will be covered/cut out is to measure the hole locations to each other side to side and up/down as needed. Once you have those dimensions, you can research new skimmers and find the skimmer mouth openings dimensions to one that will cover/cut out those holes. If they are excessively far apart, may need to patch the liner where those holes are when you install the new skimmer. Not an expert, just my thoughts on how to proceed if this was my pool.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
New skimmer in. Working great. Needed NO adapters for the intex hoses, surprisingly. Was even able to install the hayward eyeball into the pool instead of the intex "aerator" return with no adapters, just an extra flat washer, and that's working great too. Much better than Intex's fixtures. I'm pleased. Only problem I'm having now is my intex hoses are showing signs of age and getting hairline cracks in them. 3 so far. UGH! Luckily I had extra.

I’d rather have gotten the wide mouth Than normal. To me it gives more surface area to suck in stuff. I’ll keep the regular one, but I’m retrospect shoulda gone wide mouth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.