Can you identify this foamy nastiness?

Jun 5, 2015
Littleton, CO
Recently started helping my brother in caring for his spa. In ground, 750 gallon, custom tile, pool control room with filter, two pumps, heater. NICE tub. I started off by checking measurements, and found cya to be extremely high - followed the calculator and drained 70% of water out to start again. cya only got down to 70 - do I need to do it again? Also, calcium not even reading, so am working on bringing that up. Pretty important to get this into range? Lastly, and reason for my post - tub is getting very little use, and when using, getting foam like attached - this doesn't look like detergent - this looks straight up gross - and this is after replacing 70% of the already clear water. For what its worth, added an offline chlorinator and a new ozonator - but can't see how those would affect. ph and chlorine levels good, alk at 100, haven't rechecked calcium since adding 5 lbs of calium up product (BTW - these photos were after adding the calcium.) I only get to the tub once a week or so, so not easy to check things, wanted to get some ideas before my next trip out to the property. Thanks for any ideas/guidance at all.

Attachments

• bubbles2.jpg
    bubbles2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 72
  • bubbles1.jpg
    bubbles1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 72
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.