Can you dive?

Yeah, lots of fun! Except I never get to do it, since my pool's only 5.5' deep. I learned as a kid, by standing on the diving board, bending over slightly, then falling in while keeping my body rigid. I eventually got the hang of it and stopped looking like a dweeb.

Can't and never could. I was always afraid of the high dive boards. To this day, I don't see how those kids dive off of those 10 meter platforms in competition. Amazing to me.

Richard320 said:
I don't know.... I could, in about 1976, but I haven't tried since then. I'm always afraid of misjudging the distance - which is not so unreasonable when you have worse than 20/200 vison without glasses!

Do what I did and get LASIK. Best thing I ever did.

257WbyMag said:
Richard320 said:
I don't know.... I could, in about 1976, but I haven't tried since then. I'm always afraid of misjudging the distance - which is not so unreasonable when you have worse than 20/200 vison without glasses!

Do what I did and get LASIK. Best thing I ever did.

THIS

An interesting bit of trivia: I got mine done at TLC immediately before Tiger Woods, in 1999.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.