Can you dive?

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Yeah, lots of fun! Except I never get to do it, since my pool's only 5.5' deep. I learned as a kid, by standing on the diving board, bending over slightly, then falling in while keeping my body rigid. I eventually got the hang of it and stopped looking like a dweeb.

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
Can't and never could. I was always afraid of the high dive boards. To this day, I don't see how those kids dive off of those 10 meter platforms in competition. Amazing to me.

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
I don't know.... I could, in about 1976, but I haven't tried since then. I'm always afraid of misjudging the distance - which is not so unreasonable when you have worse than 20/200 vison without glasses!

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
Richard320 said:
I don't know.... I could, in about 1976, but I haven't tried since then. I'm always afraid of misjudging the distance - which is not so unreasonable when you have worse than 20/200 vison without glasses!
Do what I did and get LASIK. Best thing I ever did.

ElkPool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Elkridge, MD
257WbyMag said:
Richard320 said:
Do what I did and get LASIK. Best thing I ever did.
THIS

An interesting bit of trivia: I got mine done at TLC immediately before Tiger Woods, in 1999.

chessie6

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2010
East Hartford, Connecticut
Another happy Lasik person here, too. My vision was something like 20/400 and now I'm 20/20, and it's been nearly 10 years since I've had it done.

Mr. Bean on the diving board had me over here cracking up!

ElkPool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Elkridge, MD
I'm so surprised! I bet you all have diving boards :)

For now, I just bounce and get as much air as I can, but I only do that when it's dark and the neighbors aren't watching :)

Other Threads of Interest