Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We had a small algae bloom that took about a day & a half to get under control, but to be on the "safe side" sincee we're having a party today I doubled down again last night with super high LC (not quite SLAM, but I basically just dumped in the rest I had onhand). My OCL test first thing this morning was fine, so algae is over, and I clearly didn't need to treat again last night. Now my question is can the kids safely go in the water at 18? I checked the chart and 18 is under my SLAM level level....but it's high so I just need tohear a little reassurance I'm not going to hurt my own & our neighbor's kids with my current numbers. FYI: my SWG is still off, pump running on high.

Of note: it'll be almost 100* here today, and we're anticipating about a dozen kids at varying levels of potty training - so I anticipate a rapid loss;) Again, I just want to be sure I'm interpreting the charts & test levels right.

FC: 18
CC: .5
pH: 7.5
TA: 130
CH:225
CYA: 70
Salt: 3200

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

Thanks - that's what I needed to hear. Water is crystal clear, and we still have 4 hrs of 100* weather to lower that 18 a little before anyone gets here anyway. Party's on!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.