Nashville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a 30,000 gallon salt water pool in Nashville Tennessee with a curved retaining wall along the back side. I've been told by my former pool guy that it can't be safely covered. I love it in the summer but in the fall, I have to skim leaves multiple times a day. I have to run the pump 24/7 to prevent freezing. I test the water and float chlorine tabs while it is too cold for the SWG. This pool is a lot of work for the 7 months I can't use it. The challenges are:
  • There is a retaining wall which is curved so anchoring on 3 sides would leave gaps
  • The retaining wall has cement but it is set pretty far back which makes it appear to be dry-stacked. I don't know how you would get anchors into it. Drill into stone?
  • Half the retaining wall is above the deep end so you couldn't just stand in the pool and drill anchors.
  • During one rain time (100 year flood) the liner has floated. Because of this we were advised to not lower the water level so I'm not sure I can lower the level to winterize
So my questions are:
  1. Is there a type of cover that could be secured?
  2. What type of anchors could be added to that stone wall?
  3. Is there a type of cover that could secure over the wall? Such as something angled like a tent. It doesn't have to be flat and if it wasn't, water wouldn't sit on it.
  4. Is there a type of cover that would just catch leaves, stems, and helicopter seeds?
  5. Anyone cover the pool for winter but still keep the pump going and water balanced?

Attachments

• IMG_4642.jpeg
    IMG_4642.jpeg
    797.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4641.jpeg
    IMG_4641.jpeg
    907 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4640.jpeg
    IMG_4640.jpeg
    835.6 KB · Views: 26
I have a 30,000 gallon salt water pool in Nashville Tennessee with a curved retaining wall along the back side. I've been told by my former pool guy that it can't be safely covered. I love it in the summer but in the fall, I have to skim leaves multiple times a day. I have to run the pump 24/7 to prevent freezing. I test the water and float chlorine tabs while it is too cold for the SWG. This pool is a lot of work for the 7 months I can't use it. The challenges are:
  • There is a retaining wall which is curved so anchoring on 3 sides would leave gaps
  • The retaining wall has cement but it is set pretty far back which makes it appear to be dry-stacked. I don't know how you would get anchors into it. Drill into stone?
  • Half the retaining wall is above the deep end so you couldn't just stand in the pool and drill anchors.
  • During one rain time (100 year flood) the liner has floated. Because of this we were advised to not lower the water level so I'm not sure I can lower the level to winterize
So my questions are:
  1. Is there a type of cover that could be secured?
  2. What type of anchors could be added to that stone wall?
  3. Is there a type of cover that could secure over the wall? Such as something angled like a tent. It doesn't have to be flat and if it wasn't, water wouldn't sit on it.
  4. Is there a type of cover that would just catch leaves, stems, and helicopter seeds?
  5. Anyone cover the pool for winter but still keep the pump going and water balanced?

Reactions: ducttapekz
This blog is great! Thank you! It refers to an "up and over" installation but I can't find anything about that when Googling. How would I find out more? Any advice on how to find someone in my area who does complex cover installs? Is it just a general pool contractor?

This blog is great! Thank you! It refers to an "up and over" installation but I can't find anything about that when Googling. How would I find out more? Any advice on how to find someone in my area who does complex cover installs? Is it just a general pool contractor?
In my area, safety covers are installed mainly by companies (franchisees?) of the manufacturer. Only knew one man that handled different brands. A quick Google search for safety covers Nashville, TN brings up several companies and brands. They would be the ones to ask about installation options.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.