Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

not sure if anyone here remembers me from last year; however, I had issues with my cya, which was too high - around 50-70.

since taking off my safety cover this year I noticed green algae. Not a lot but a fair amount. Immediately I tossed in 15 litres of liquid chlorine and ramped up the pump. After 12 hours I was amazed chlorine was still present at ~11 FC. Pool turning slightly cloudy, algae turning black, etc.

while the FC was that high, I checked the CYA level and it was at about 36-40. Much improved since last year. Since on winterizing the pool we drained the water below the jets. The snow and rain over he winter that melted prior to opening filled my pool due to the mesh safety cover. Hence, why I presume my cya level dropped for the better.

my question is, is it accurate to test for CYA at such high levels of FC or it won't be accurate? I know PH levels need to be tested below 10 FC. Could someone remind me if CYA is the same way? Or, it wouldn't affect the results, irrelevant of how high the FC is?

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.