Can someone help me please? Not my problem but my new neighbor.

BG Woller

Jul 13, 2019
Michigan
My neighbor asked me to start their pool up to get it warmed and ready to go. I went over and did as they asked but after waiting 45 minutes for the heater to kick in I got curious and started poking around. First off I noticed there was standing water behind the heater which wasnt there before. I pulled the front off and was greeted with water dripping out of ALL the gas tubes!. Not one, but ALL of them. Since this is a different heater than mine I need some advice as to what to check first. The heater is a Pentair 250M, model 250MV. The leak seems to be coming from the far rear right hand side, in the area of the manifold. Before he has to purchase a new heater are there some things that I can check out first. I've done all the maintenance on this pool as they are newbys and just learning. I can tell you that until this week there were no leaks at all. No huge temp drops. It simply happened and I'm hoping it's going to be an easy fix. I do know that no matter what I've got to pull the shell off it but beyond that - NO IDEAS except for a possible crack in the manifold.

Ideas anyone on what to check first????

Show us pics of the heater and the leaking areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.