Can I wire a timer for my swg to the line on the existing t104?

Viperscorpio

May 25, 2019
Arizona
Hello,

I have an existing intermatic t104, however, it is for my water feature pump, not for my filter pump. My filter pump is a pentair VSP, with its own built in timer/scheduler.

In any case, can I essentially Daisy chain off line/leads from the existing t104 into a new t104 so I have a timer for the swg? (I don't want the water feature on as often as I'll be running the swg, hence the desire for a separate timer).

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_135025.jpg
    IMG_20200703_135025.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 12
Why don't you put the water feature on a manual switch and use the time for your SWG... or add a second timer, you have a slot for it in your box.

Sorry I was unclear - yes I do want to add a 2nd t104 in the box since I have that slot for it. What I was trying to ask is, instead of running a new circuit from the breaker to the box, can I piggy back off the existing line? Essentially running both the feature pump and swg off the same circuit.

I believe the circuit should be able to run both at once.

Edit - essentially like this crude drawing, connecting line 1 & line 2 from the 1st (original T104) to the new (yet to be installed) T104. There would also of course be the ground & load, but this is just for the supply.

Attachments

• t104-wiring.png
    t104-wiring.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yes, you can run the SWG off the same CB as the water feature.

I do essentially the same thing using an automation system. As Allen says, yes this works. It also provides an additional level of protection to prevent running with no flow if the pump is not running. Important for safety reasons.

Chris

Mine control box has two timers too. Just to give you an example of different ways of wiring things. On mine the timed side of the first switch goes to power input of the second switch. That way the second switch only gets power when the first switch is on. The first timer is for my main filter pump, the second time is for my pool sweep booster pump. This way the booster pump will never turn on without the main pump already running..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.