Can I use a skimmer float valve

tstrong11

May 16, 2022
atlanta
Good morning,

My pool has a Kafko super skim wide mouth and a main drain. These two suction lines are plumbed separately to the pump with a Jandy valve at the pump inlet. The bottom of the skimmer box has one outlet to the pump, and the other inlet is plugged.

With this setup, would a float valve operate correctly and protect my pump from losing prime (given that I keep the jandy valve by my pump full open to both suction lines which I always do)? My judgement is yes, but I want to hear from someone with experience. If you think a float valve would work for me, which model would fit the Kafko super skim.

Good morning,

My pool has a Kafko super skim wide mouth and a main drain. These two suction lines are plumbed separately to the pump with a Jandy valve at the pump inlet. The bottom of the skimmer box has one outlet to the pump, and the other inlet is plugged.

With this setup, would a float valve operate correctly and protect my pump from losing prime (given that I keep the jandy valve by my pump full open to both suction lines which I always do)? My judgement is yes, but I want to hear from someone with experience. If you think a float valve would work for me, which model would fit the Kafko super skim.
Float valves are brand specific. If one isn't made for your skimmer, just buying any other brand probably wouldn't fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.