Can I raise CYA with bags of shock?

Add another 16 oz. This seems very odd that it is not showing up. My only guess is that most of what you added prior to the last 16 oz was backwashed out.

Again, use the sock. If you have time or someone is using the pool, have them squeeze the sock and the granules will dissolve quicker. You should then be able to test again tomorrow once the pump has run for awhile.

Good luck.

Okay thanks guys! I feel like I have completely failed my pool, I went on vacation and just completely stopped taking care of it like I should. I tested today and my PH is 7.2 and my TA is 220. What the heck do I do to lower my TA? I went on pool calc and it says to lower PH to 7.2 but it's already at that..

Okay thanks guys! I feel like I have completely failed my pool, I went on vacation and just completely stopped taking care of it like I should. I tested today and my PH is 7.2 and my TA is 220. What the heck do I do to lower my TA? I went on pool calc and it says to lower PH to 7.2 but it's already at that..
Nothing.

TA is the last thing you worry about, when you're bored with how easy pool care is.

Some good aeration, either by pointing returns up or devising some kind of PVC aerator or just tossing a few kids in to splash will drive pH up and when it gets to 7.8, lower it with acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.