Can I add connectivity to Aqua Logic or must I upgrade everything?

jeqwerty1969

Gold Supporter
May 3, 2020
Inglewood, CA
Hi everybody, I'm so glad to have found this place and I've been learning from the firehose since I moved into a new place with a 2004 SWG setup. My first question is the most important before I spend some serious change on a new system, so I hope someone has experience with this dilemma.

The week I moved in, the AQL-PS-4 Aqua Logic started a beep/reboot loop and the readout flashes blank. I have no way of knowing how deep the problem lies, but even if it's only the $400 display board :cautious: , I think it's time for a move into the current century with some Android connectivity. Of course the home warranty company danced all around the wording of "panel box" and "automation" to deny any coverage, so I'm on my own.

The nearest Hayward distributor looked it over and as far as we can tell, everything is functional except the salt cell (2004) and circuit board. They are working on a quote for a full upgrade to Hayward OmniLogic vs a conversion to Pentair EasyTouch (it was one of the touch's he mentioned).

My question is why wouldn't we just add something like AquaConnect or OmniHub since the breakers and panel pox is completely functional? Or is there a simpler and easier way to simply replace the bad boards and add cell phone control?

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

We have lots of diagnostic and repair information about the AquaLogic which is an AquaPure + ProLogic systems together.

Have you looked at

You need to look in detail as to what controls a given app implementation gives you versus what you want. There are good and bad app implementations across the vendors.

I think you should be able to put a Prologic board and Aqua Connect into your exiting box if the Aqua Connect app meets your needs.

Thank you for the resources! I have a lot more studying to do.

My approach nowadays is actually to read the reviews for the corresponding app before even comparing devices... such as Ring vs. Nest or Nest vs. Emerson thermostats, etc. Incidentally, the Aqua Connect app has the scariest ratings out of all of them, but I suspect wifi might be one of the most common issues and I can mitigate that easily.

I think I'd be satisfied with the ability to remotely go to spa mode/heater on as long as the daily cleaning cycle is programmable. I think warming up the spa is the only thing necessary from the road.

Aqua Connect does not use WiFI. It is a bridge that connects to your router using cat-5 cable and talks to the pool panel on the same frequency and protocol as the Hayward wireless remotes. All it makes your phone app mimic is a Hayward wireless remote.

I just installed the AquaConnect app and it literally does not open on my Samsung S9+... quite a deal breaker.

I am hesitant to start replacing the AQL parts since they are obsolete (and thus massively overpriced).

I also found something called OmniPL on Hayward's site which purports to be a more affordable version of OmniLogic but it has not been mentioned here. I guess it's brand new? The local pool likely would have brought it up if it was known. Has anyone seen this?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.