Can anyone identify this trim cap?

dw886

Gold Supporter
Sep 19, 2016
ND
We have a steel-walled, vinyl-lined inground pool, with a recessed ladder in the deep end. The ladder has trim going up both sides (that I assume cover the screws that hold it into the wall). At the top of the trim, there's a little white cap, and the prongs that hold the cap into the trim channel have snapped, so I find this (or the robot finds it) in the deep end of the pool about every 2-3 days. I put it back into place, some kid climbs up the ladder, and the cycle repeats itself. So I'm trying to identify this component so I can order a new one. It has no markings that I can find anywhere.

Can anyone identify this (the pen is just for scale)?
20200715_163853.jpg20200715_163829.jpg20200715_163858.jpg

Its the top cap of the side of the stairs where the liner gets attached to the stairs. Its like a U channel and that piece sits above the waterline right below the coping. Mine broke and fell out this year also.

*edit* you already know what it is. Call/email inyopools. They will know exactly which one it is.

Its the top cap of the side of the stairs where the liner gets attached to the stairs. Its like a U channel and that piece sits above the waterline right below the coping. Mine broke and fell out this year also.

*edit* you already know what it is. Call/email inyopools. They will know exactly which one it is.
That's actually where I started before I posted the thread, and over chat they didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. Maybe I need to send them a picture. Did you find a replacement for yours?

A pic would probably help. I keep popping mine back in expecting a different result. I have tried it 'one last time' about 300 times. 🤣

A pic would probably help. I keep popping mine back in expecting a different result. I have tried it 'one last time' about 300 times. 🤣
Same here. Every time someone comes over, it falls out, and then a kid will walk up to me and say "I found this in the bottom of the pool. Do you need this?". If it's not a kid, then I find it when I clean out the filters on the robot. I figure it's probably a $3 part, so I should just order one, it's just finding it that's tricky.

I did a decent amount of searching last night. The track was called faceplate but faceplate caps or faceplate ends came up with a different style cap. Some websites has it listed as moulding also but again those caps were different. @jimmythegreek any idea what it is called ?

I tried Inyo pools again, and they still haven't been able to come up with anything. Here's to hoping someone on here can either identify the ladder or the channel to point us in the right direction. Here's a picture of the ladder and a picture of the channel.

Ladder:
20200720_083939.jpg

Side with all trim and cap in tact:
20200720_083950.jpg

Side with missing end cap:
20200720_083953.jpg

I believe those steps (ladder) are made by Hydra Pools, I'd try calling them and seeing if they can supply the caps.

You can also try to contact Frank Wall. They sell the trim so they may have the caps as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.