Can a rippled vinyl floor be patched???

May 16, 2018
Kutztown Pennsylvania
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The floor of my deep end, 9ft, is rippled pretty bad like the texture of a golf ball. The pool is 16x32 vinyl and 6 years old. Not sure if it was always like that or how it happened. It has a cement vermiculite underlay. It’s hard to
Get a photo without a under water camera. Can a rippled floor be patched? Has anyone done it? Thanks.

Are the liner edges together? If so then YES it can be fixed! Boxer liner glue is very good stuff. Patch it with two patches. The top one being bigger than the bottom one. Use rounded edges as much as possible.

Now is going to come the hard part. Do you ANY scuba people? If not do you have some one you REALLY trust to help you?

I only had to go down 4 ft and it was HARD to stay down to put the patch on. Here is what I am thinking:

-a good swim mask is a must to help with your vision.

-a ladder with something on the end of it to keep the liner safe from the end causing more damage.

-some one to hold said ladder so you can hold on to it to help you stay down.

Now is going to come the hard part. Do you ANY scuba people? If not do you have some one you REALLY trust to help you?

I only had to go down 4 ft and it was HARD to stay down to put the patch on. Here is what I am thinking:

-a good swim mask is a must to help with your vision.

-a ladder with something on the end of it to keep the liner safe from the end causing more damage.

-some one to hold said ladder so you can hold on to it to help you stay down.
Believe it or not I made a hookah type scuba outfit out of my air compressor just to work on my pool. I’m not saying it’s advised or it’s the safest thing but I’m not going down more than 9’ and I will never use it anywhere else. Look it up on YouTube. I just need to figure out a weight belt. Lol. I don’t have a hole yet but I was just wondering so when the time comes I’m ready. It’s better to be prepared.

Nope I like the ones you smear the clear glue on, fold in half until you right at the spot then open and slap on and smooth as much as you can with your one breath. Go back down to work on it asap going from the inside out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.