Can A New Motor Save You Money?

Dec 11, 2017
Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I had to end up getting a new pump motor last week. Not even sure which one they gave us. The tech just brought one out and replaced the old one which was 15 years old. Not even sure what brand it is as it has no marking saying (at least I'm not able to tell). Can you tell by this pic what it is? And lastly, since we did replace the motor, will this new one give us any type of savings at all? Before the new one, and in Summer, our electric bill would go from a typical $75 a month roughly, to like $275 (roughly) a month is Summer. O course I chalk a large chunk of that difference to our central air. I always thought that amount seemed normal/reasonable. But so many people who also have pools and central ac are constantly telling me that's high. Not sure why. Maybe they just have their ac set to a higher temp or run their pool pump less? No clue. Thanks!!

20190514_091407.jpg20190514_091410.jpg

If you run that motor 24/7 for a month the cost will be about $120.00 assuming a power cost of 10 cents per kilowatthour.

A variable speed pump would cost about $20.00 running 24/7 for a month on low speed.

It's a Pentair motor part number 354822S. It's a 1.0 hp x 1.65 sf = 1.65 total hp motor.

It will use about 1,650 watts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.