St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I’ve been out of town for work this week. My wife has been home just checking chlorine levels and emptying skimmer baskets. I got home today and checked on the pool and the pump looked like this:

When I turn the pump off, half the water drains back out of the pump. It’s doing this whether I’m pulling from the skimmers, the main drain, or both.

Any guidance on what I’m looking at here?

Thanks,

Attachments

• C4D22236-FF03-4E27-A4F0-B7D3906E30BE.jpeg
    C4D22236-FF03-4E27-A4F0-B7D3906E30BE.jpeg
    530.3 KB · Views: 14
I know you said it didn't change when you pulled from the main drain, but it may take time before the pump primes and clears the bubbles.

Just in case, check your water level and make sure the weir door is not stuck in the closed position.

How does the water look in the skimmer...any air coming in?

All of the above as called. Clean and lube the strainer cover and o-ring with pool lube, same for strainer drain plug. After that use water hose check for suction side leak. use a hose running over pump and plumbing, look for decrease in air/bubbles. If you ID a joint that is suspicious try flowing some of the lube over the joint, leak will slow/stop for a while until lube is sucked in.

I identified suction side leak ( actually several really small leaks that never even leaked water when pump was turned off) in my plumbing using this process.

Reactions: Oly
Thanks for your help all!! I ordered some lube to perform some maintenance but I think I was sucking some air from one of the skimmers. Water level was down slightly and letting it pull from the main drain for a bit seems to have cleared the air bubbles. I’m quite relieved.

Thanks!
Chad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.