CaliMar VS Pumps

yeah but now nobody has them for near that price if at all.

Have you called or tried to buy from CaliMar® Variable Speed Pool Pump | 3HP | CMARVSP3.0 They have a banner warning about stock and backorders in general, but I don't see any indication that particular pump is not in stock. That doesn't guarantee anything, but it's worth a shot unless that's where you were already communicating with. When I bought a Calimar SWCG from them last year, it was shipped within a day.

Here's a head-scratcher...during the freeze that's descended on TX and most of the country, a red snow-flake icon lights up on my Calimar VSP control panel. Freeze protect or temperature warning? The manual makes no mention whatsoever of any automated freeze protect logic.

Does anyone know if this pump has built-in freeze protection? In my case it doesn't matter because I have freeze protection through my automation system, which kicks on the pump - but I'm just curious.

The CircuPool SmartFlo manual has the following description.

As a back-up, the SmartFlo has a built-in freeze protection mode to help ensure the water circulates when temperatures begin to get cold. If there is not already scheduled or manually set operation when temperatures get down to approximately 40°F, the pump will begin to run continuously at 1000 RPM. The snowflake icon on the display will turn on.

The B+D manual has instructions for changing freeze settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: gkw4815
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.