Calcium Hypochclorite Shelf Life

If kept dry, nearly forever.

Be sure to test your CH and monitor it if you use substantial quantities of Cal Hypo. When it rains try doing some water exchange to control CH.

OK -- just be careful using Cal Hypo as it can create scale on the pool surface if not dissolved properly and if your pH / TA are in upper ranges.

Most are finding liquid chlorine with little issue. Walmart, Home Depot, Pool Stores, etc.

OK -- just be careful using Cal Hypo as it can create scale on the pool surface if not dissolved properly and if your pH / TA are in upper ranges.

Most are finding liquid chlorine with little issue. Walmart, Home Depot, Pool Stores, etc.
Noted. Thanks again. I will keep looking for bleach. I have been checking in my area and most stores are sold out.

Liquid chlorine. Household bleach is scarce. But few realize liquid chlorine is the same thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I opened the spa early, about 2 weeks ago. Opening the pool on Friday this week. I used what little was left in a 25-pound pail of 3-year-old 73% Cal Hypo, worked just fine. I had only about 30 oz by volume left. I later found a really good deal on Amazon of 1 pound bags of same, as opposed to a large pail filled. I figured this would be a better way to buy and the cost per pound was surprisingly LESS than in the bulk pail. Arrived in 2 days, nice.

Reactions: Mam262
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.