Calcium Hardness

Jferguson51

May 4, 2022
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
My 21k gal pool in Houston, TX has had an ongoing calcium hardness problem for 18 months. Tried doing smaller drains to no avail, so drained about 5k gals a week ago. Prior to drain, CH was 619 Ppm. One week later, CH is still 510 ppm. Everything else is in balance according to Leslie’s except FC which I’m ignoring for now. (I know, I know, but haven’t gotten Taylor test kit yet) So am using their numbers for now. My fill water has a CH of 112ppm.

My question is: should I wait a couple of more weeks before getting discouraged, or do I put a stain &scale product in? If so, which one? If not, what are next steps? Thanks for any insights you can give.

Attachments

• 59F605D7-7FDA-4FB7-A504-95D9704CA156.jpeg
    59F605D7-7FDA-4FB7-A504-95D9704CA156.jpeg
    496.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Mdragger88
My question is: should I wait a couple of more weeks before getting discouraged,
Most of us end up here after riding the pool store roller coaster. Inconsistent testing and bad advice is all I ever got. Invest in a good test kit and take charge of your own pool. The TF100-based kits are the best value for the residential pool owner. It'll cost about the same as a couple bottles of magic potions from the pool store, but will save you money in the long run.

Best wishes!

Reactions: Jferguson51
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.