St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
It appears that we are getting some calcium buildup in our pool. We have 2 large sun shelves that I first noticed this on, but if I pour a little acid on the shelf, and scrub it with a brush, it goes away.

In the picture attached, you can see what I am referring to, but this is in the deeper ends, so it is hard to target.

My question is, can I lower the PH significantly for a short time, continue to brush the pool, to get rid of this. My thoughts are the lower PH and brushing will help break it down, but do it before it becomes an issue for the finish.

If there is a solution, other than draining the pool and doing an acid wash, please let me know.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Pool.jpg

Thank you for the links.

So I would basically add 4-5 gallons of MA (17k gallon pool) and shut system down since I have a heater. Then brush pool many times a day and then add baking soda after achieved results, then turn system back on? We do have a secondary pump that runs the waterfalls, so I think it may be beneficial to run those, but I need to confirm that they do not run through the heater.

Sorry, new to this and I don't want to mess up my pool.

Thank you.

Thank you for the links.

So I would basically add 4-5 gallons of MA (17k gallon pool) and shut system down since I have a heater. Then brush pool many times a day and then add baking soda after achieved results, then turn system back on? We do have a secondary pump that runs the waterfalls, so I think it may be beneficial to run those, but I need to confirm that they do not run through the heater.

Sorry, new to this and I don't want to mess up my pool.

Thank you.
If you don’t want to mess up your pool then leave it alone for a cosmetic problem and go swim and enjoy your pool for what you built it for. It is not a piece of art to be polished and admired.