ejs873

Jan 29, 2021
North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it OK to pour muriatic acid directly on the waterfall stones? We have really hard water and after 1 year of use the waterfall has white buildup on the stones. I figured I could just use the acid I am adding to the water and carefully pour it over the stones. Could that cause any damage to them? Thanks

Depending on what the mineral content of the stones is, it could damage them.

You will find it will take much more than just pouring some acid on the scale to remove it. Spraying it with acid and using a brush and lots of water. Wear PPE.

Reactions: ejs873
I trickle 50/50 MA/water on mine, let it foam and bubble until the scale is gone, and then rub some baking soda all over the area (to stop the MA from continuing to corrode the stone) and rinse with water.

Reactions: ejs873
Thanks, Ill try that. The only reason I thought about it was because some got on the stones today when I was adding MA and started bubbling up... thought it might eat right trough that!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.