Cal- hypo info ?

When the pool service use to do our pool. They would use 3 inch tabs. Our CYA was off the chart. It’s a fine balance. Since we have soft water I can use Cal. Keeping my CYA under control. I also have to keep raising the PH here. Using liquid clor n Cal Had been right on target so far. Our CYA is 30 at this time. PH 7.2 The TA is 80. TA 5 FC 5.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Once you know what these different chemicals do, you use them to keep the numbers on target not using other chemicals. Took me 3 years to get these numbers correct. I will use 3 inch tabs also not worry about the CYA. End of season let’s say the CYA is 100. That’s ok because pool gets drained a little for winter and rain n snow will fill it about 5 times n it’s gets drained over the winter. When I open in spring the CYA is 0. I can use tabs for awhile again. Stop n use cal. Using the chemicals to your understanding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.