btk1017

Jan 8, 2021
Tampa, FL
I'm having my pool resurfaced (Diamond Brite). I was advised that I cant use my salt chlorinator for the first 28 days until the pH is leveled. The issue is I don't know if I can bypass my salt cell? My question is, if I just leave the cell in place with no salt in the pool do I run any risks? Or do I need to bypass the cell somehow? I've attached photos of my set up. I have a Jandy TruClear Salt Chlorinator (5 months old).

Attachments

• Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Pool3.jpg
    Pool3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10
The pool itself can’t have salt while it cures and the cell won’t turn on if the salt level is low. So it won’t harm a thing to leave it hooked up You can sleep even better by killing the power to the cell either with the timer or breaker. If those aren’t feasible options and you can’t kill its power you can set the run % to zero and it won’t try to turn on.

When the time comes, remember to let the salt mix for a full 24 hours before firing up the cell. If some unmixed salt sludge goes through the unit it can damage it.

Also, aim below your salt target and creep up to it with smaller adjustments. It’s easy to add but can only come out by draining.
:)

Reactions: btk1017
The pool itself can’t have salt while it cures and the cell won’t turn on if the salt level is low. So it won’t harm a thing to leave it hooked up You can sleep even better by killing the power to the cell either with the timer or breaker. If those aren’t feasible options and you can’t kill its power you can set the run % to zero and it won’t try to turn on.

When the time comes, remember to let the salt mix for a full 24 hours before firing up the cell. If some unmixed salt sludge goes through the unit it can damage it.

Also, aim below your salt target and creep up to it with smaller adjustments. It’s easy to add but can only come out by draining.
:)
Thank you so much for this information. I couldn't find anything online about this. This eases my mind, and I'm actually able to kill the power directly to the system so that will be easy! Thank you again for the response.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.