Bypass Polaris

evanwellens

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Stony Point, NY
I need to get my pump to a rebuild shop. In the meantime I'm looking for a way to plug the polaris pump hose that connects to a T at the filter outlet. Anyone know what I can use ? Otherwise the pool would drain when run , and the shop might take over a week to repair so I'd rather not let the pool go cold and greed. Anyone have experience doing this ? Thanks

Maybe better if you can post a picture. However, can you tie the inlet hose (going to the pump) to the outlet hose (going back to the pool). Then the water will just circulate as if the pump was there.

Why not just take the hose off at the Polaris end and leave it dangling in the pool? You might need to weigh it down by tying a brick or something to it to keep it from wriggling out. But the repair shop shouldn't need the hose.

Need a picture of the pump and it's connections to help you here.

Is is plumbed with the flex piping and fittings that comes with the pump? Like in this picture:
512nE7qROzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

If the answer is yes...those fittings on the end of the flexible piping are 3/4" fittings and you would simply use a 3/4" PVC plug to block off the supply to the pump. It will look like this:
22FK07_1.jpg

Once again...snap a picture of your booster pump and how it's connected to your pump plumbing and we can better help.

Maybe better if you can post a picture. However, can you tie the inlet hose (going to the pump) to the outlet hose (going back to the pool). Then the water will just circulate as if the pump was there.
That would be great but not sure what I can
Why not just take the hose off at the Polaris end and leave it dangling in the pool? You might need to weigh it down by tying a brick or something to it to keep it from wriggling out. But the repair shop shouldn't need the hose.
The distance is too far But good idea

Need a picture of the pump and it's connections to help you here.

Is is plumbed with the flex piping and fittings that comes with the pump? Like in this picture:
View attachment 371856

If the answer is yes...those fittings on the end of the flexible piping are 3/4" fittings and you would simply use a 3/4" PVC plug to block off the supply to the pump. It will look like this:
View attachment 371857

Once again...snap a picture of your booster pump and how it's connected to your pump plumbing and we can better help.
Awesome this is what I was looking for. Seemed like a custom hose , but if it's just 3/4 that's should be easy. You wouldn't happen to know if that is O/D or I/D ?

It looks like you should be able to move the flex hose from the pump output to the tee after removing the hose that's currently connected to the tee.
pump.jpg

Sorry here is a picture
Take the connection out of the PVC that leads to the intake of the pump. Screw the connection from the out put side. Those connection threads should be the same. So you have 1 hose from the PVC to the outgoing PVC.

EDIT - I see @Rocket J Squirrel had same idea but provided a picture - thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Take the connection out of the PVC that leads to the intake of the pump. Screw the connection from the out put side. Those connection threads should be the same. So you have 1 hose from the PVC to the outgoing PVC.

EDIT - I see @Rocket J Squirrel had same idea but provided a picture - thanks.
brilliant... Wish I had thought of it.. So many thanks !

Hope it reaches.. Now I wish I cut them longer ;-)
It appears it will reach but if not - connect the 2 hose ends together with a coupling - it should be just standard NPT threads so you can buy a coupling to screw the 2 adapters to form 1 line.

It appears it will reach but if not - connect the 2 hose ends together with a coupling - it should be just standard NPT threads so you can buy a coupling to screw the 2 adapters to form 1 line.
It reached and so far so good. Had a harder time getting the rusty wires cleanly disconnected. I'm kind of surprised the pump has so much rust , it's not that old.
Anyway thanks so much for the help !!! Hopefully the Pump shop can fix the motor and we'll have our little robot back in busisness.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.