BYOP Frisco TX Build!

naperthrill

Apr 29, 2020
Frisco, TX
Doing BYOP. Done with excavation, rebar, plumbing. 2 Questions though. The plumber dug these trenches for the PVC but then didn't back fill it. we are planning to do pavers, who is supposed to backfill the yard to prepare it for decking? Do I do that after gunite (hopefully this weekend) and electrician are done with their stuff? Is that something I call the excavation company back for?

Also when the plumber was making the trenches, he knocked out a few of the pool beams, like behind the skimmer in the pic below. Is that going to be a problem for gunite? do I need to have the plumber come back and fix it or is that pretty normal?

Also, with all the plumbing sticking out into the pool, who actually cuts everything off and levels it, installs the fittings etc. Is that the plaster company?

Sorry, sitting here trying to figure out what sub contractors I still need to finish the job. Pics below

61526085252__69CE0D70-9E27-4B2E-B5A7-2F42FFD041C3.JPG

61526085252__69CE0D70-9E27-4B2E-B5A7-2F42FFD041C3.JPG

I did the same BYOP, have you passed the pre gunite inspection yet. I wouldn't bury the pipes until after they passed a pressure test, in case you need to fix them. There appear to be lots of dirt left on the site to bury them. The pool outline lumber will be fixed prior to gunite by the gunite guys. They will probably add pieces of plywood to the back to form the various bond beams and elevation changes. It's very stressful at this stage. don't be afraid to ask questions and take a lot of pictures along the way. Don't pay the subs the complete amount until the job is completely finished to your satisfaction.

Now is the time to go thru your engineering plans and plumbing plans to ensure everything is where it's supposed to be. The inspectors don't double-check all the time if all the rebar is where it's supposed to be. Mine just looked to see if the bonding wire was attached properly and placed in the right spots. My contractor forgot to put all the rebar required per plans at my skimmer box. Check the little details. as an Owner builder/it's your job to double-check the work and make sure it's done right or as good as it's going to get.

If all the rebar is tied off and the plumbing is done. Then call for pre gunite. They check for water pressure in pipes and the pool structure itself. all of the extra pipes are cut and trimmed by the plaster company as they are doing the plaster. I hope this helps

Reactions: cme4oil
passed the pregunite inspection but I'm waiting over a week for gunite, still waiting. it just rained today. i'm so worried, there is water pooling int he middle of the pool. I hope nothing caves in. I will feel much better when gunite is complete, they are saying next week and its supposed to rain this weekend. not sure what I can do to protect it.

it rained yesterday. I don't think much of an impact but may rain again before we get to gunite next week (have been on the schedule for a week now). pics below. Any suggestions, how to tarp with a sump, or other ideas to try and prevent against cave-in. Does any of this require any attention before gunite gets to it?

IMG_2562.jpegIMG_2561.jpegIMG_2564.jpegIMG_2563.jpegIMG_2565.jpegIMG_2566.jpegIMG_2560.jpeg

Gunite done. I had to leave for work, They didn't put in the umbrella sleeves in the tanning ledge. I guess not the end of the world, maybe better to just have umbrellas on the deck instead of in the pool shell.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.29 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.29 AM.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 49
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.34 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.34 AM.jpeg
    421.7 KB · Views: 49
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.38 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.38 AM.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 49
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.41 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 10.12.41 AM.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: sham
Ours are not in the tanning ledge, I had heard its better for them to be in the deck. We stood with our umbrellas open at different times of day, noon, late afternoon, 5 pm to determine where the sun would be to cast shade over the tanning ledge, over the lounge chair areas etc and had a several different holes placed. Move the umbrellas as needed. We actually use one of our volleyball sleeves for an umbrella most of the time! It is halfway along the long side of the pool.

In MY case the lights were not run at all until after gunite. They only need to stub plumb a pvc pipe to run the wire. I totally agree with the umbrella sleeves. I wouldnt want a windblown sail pushing and pulling on my plaster finish. Keep them out of the pool is my take. Have them core drill one on the deck if you want. Lookin good imo

Reactions: sham

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.