Buying Heater Online - Paying for Install Only

May 30, 2017
Spokane, WA
We're looking at Raypak heaters and plan to have someone come out and tell us what BTUs our gas line will support. Once we have this information, has anyone purchased a Raypak online and then just paid someone to come install? Did you have to use a pool company installer or is someone else qualified? We have a Jandy Lite 2 currently and our setup is pretty solid - I can't imagine there would be much extra venting or piping needed with the RayPak. Having a hard time justifying spending $5900 on a heater plus install when we can get something so much less expensive online.

Looking at the RayPak 336 currently. Also, it appears there is quite a price difference between the copper piping and the nickel. We use our pool from about May 15 - September. Any real preference one way or the other?

Also, if you did purchase online, where did you buy it?

No need for the nickel exchanger.
5,900 seems very high. Mine was $ 2,900 including
Installation from a pool co I trust that has a reputation for not ripping folks off.

Have you called every place in your service area?
Typically you lose the extended warranty when buying direct.

Yes, I found that quote was on the high side as well. However, a different pool company in our area quoted us $7600 for the same install, so just wasn't sure how off-base it was. I have a few more to call, but there are really only 3-4 that appear to service our area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.